Prep Time: 20 minutes; Cook Time: 20 minutes Serving Size: 106 g; Serves: 8; Calories: 189
- 2 cups oats, old-fashioned • 1/4 cup nuts, choped • 1/3 cup dried fruit • 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar • 1 teaspoon baking powder • 1 large egg • 1 1/2 cups 2% milk • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Stir the oats with the brown sugar, dried fruits, nuts, and the baking powder in a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk the milk with the egg, butter, and applesauce. Stir the milk mix into the oat mixture until well combined.
- Grease a 7×11-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Pour the batter into the dish; level the top and then bake for 20 minutes.
- When baked, let cool and then cut into serving portions.
Notes: Make ahead of time, wrap each serve with a plastic wrap and then put them in a freezer bag; store in the freezer. When ready to serve, remove the wrap, microwave for about 45 seconds until warm and gooey.
Prep Time: 15 minutes; Cook Time: 30 minutes Serving Size: 146 g; Serves: 12-14; Calories: 300
- 1 pound turkey sausage • 1 green or red sweet pepper, chopped • 1 small onion, chopped • 1 tablespoon olive oil • 1/2 teaspoon pepper • 1/2 teaspoon salt • 12 large eggs • 1-2 tablespoon cheese per serving, shredded • 12-14 tortillas, medium-sized • 1/2 cup 2% milk, optional • Salsa, optional
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Heat the olive oil inside a large-sized skillet on medium heat. Add the turkey, onion, and pepper; cook, breaking the sausage into tiny pieces and sauté until completely cooked and browned. Set aside.
- Inside a large-sized bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk and seasoning of the salt and pepper until combined.
- Over medium heat, heat a large-sized nonstick frying pan. Add 1 tablespoon butter and let melt. When the butter is melted, add the eggs; scramble until cooked.
- Warm the tortilla in the microwave according to directions on the package.
- Layer 1/2 cup scrambled eggs, 1/2 cup sausage mix, about 1 to 2 tablespoon cheese, and a bit of salsa on a warm tortilla; fold into a burrito.
Freezing: Place each burrito into the prepared baking sheet; flash freeze in the freezer for at least 1 hour. Individually wrap each burrito with foil, put them in a freezer bag, and keep in the freezer.
When ready to serve, remove the foil, wrap each burrito with paper towel, and then microwave for about 60 seconds, or until warmed through.
Prep Time: 20 minutes; Cook Time: 15-20 minutes Serving Size: 61 g; Serves: 12; Calories: 129
- 6 large eggs • 1 cup almond flour • 1/4 cup Canadian bacon, chopped • 1/3 cup oats, old-fashioned • 1/2 teaspoon salt • 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped • 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded • 1 tablespoon baking powder • 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped • 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Inside a large-sized bowl, whisk the eggs with the applesauce until well combined.
- In a different bowl, combine the flour with the baking powder, oats, cinnamon, and season with salt and pepper. Add the flour mix into the egg mix; stir till just combined.
- Mix in the cheese, the bacon, parsley, and the pepper.
- Grease a 12-muffin pan with nonstick spray. Pour the batter into the muffin cups and bake for about 15-20 minutes or till baked through; The muffin tops should be set and a toothpick should come out clean when inserted in the muffin. Put the muffin pan on a wire rack and let cool for 5 minutes. Remove from the muffin cups and let cool completely on the wire rack.
Notes: When completely cool, individually wrap each muffin with plastic wrap, put them in a freezer bag, and store in the freezer.
When ready to serve, remove the plastic wraps, individually wrap each muffin with paper towel, and then microwave for about 30 to 45 minutes until heated through.