Prep Time: 10 minutes; Cook Time: 25 minutes Serving Size: 178 g; Serves: 8; Calories: 212
- 9 large eggs • 4 large bell peppers, whatever color you like • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper • 1/3 cup cheese, shredded, plus more for topping if desired • 1/2 cup spinach leaves, chopped • 1/2 cup cooked quinoa • 1/2 cup breakfast potatoes, fully cooked *
- 1 teaspoon salt • 1/2 cup black beans
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Cut the peppers lengthwise or widthwise into halves; remove the seeds. I suggest cutting widthwise so they will stand up better. Put in the baking sheet; bake for 5 minutes.
- Crack the eggs inside a large-sized mixing bowl; beat using a fork.
- Add the remaining ingredients; mix until well combined.
- When baked, remove the peppers from the oven. Spoon the mixture into each pepper, evenly dividing the filling. Sprinkle the top with the cheese. Return to the oven; bake for about 20 minutes or till the eggs are set. Top with chopped herbs, if desired. Serve.
Prep Time: 8 hours, 35 minutes; Cook Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes Serving Size: 127 g; Serves: 12; Calories: 229
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced • 1 cup spinach, fresh • 3/4 pound sausage, uncooked, casings removed • 2 bell peppers, diced • 10 large eggs • 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced • 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded, divided • 1/2 cup almond milk • 1 teaspoon minced garlic • 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, optional, to give the sausage more flavor • 4 slices whole-wheat bread, gluten free, day-old • Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Put a large-sized skillet on medium heat. Grease with nonstick spray or drizzle with olive oil.
- Put the sausage in the skillet; break up using a fork or a spatula. Stir in the rosemary; cook for about 6 to 7 minutes or till the sausages are browned.
- Meanwhile, put another skillet on medium heat; grease with nonstick spray or drizzle with olive oil. If you’re skillet is large enough to hold the sausages and the veggies, then you can add the veggies in the first skillet. Add the mushrooms, peppers, spinach, garlic, onion, and sprinkle of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 6-8 minutes or till the veggies are tender; set aside.
- Generously grease a 13×9 baking pan. Break the bread into pieces; put in pan, spreading in an even layer.
- Inside a large-sized bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk and 1/4 cup of the shredded cheese. Pour 1/2 of the egg mix over the bread layer in the baking dish. Top the bread with the sausages and the veggies. Pour the remaining egg mix over and then sprinkle with the remaining cheese; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover the baking pan with an aluminum foil or plastic wrap; refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight or up to 24 hours. Let come to room temperature before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 375F or 191C; remove the cover and bake for about 45-50 minutes or till the edges are crisp and the top is golden. The dish is ready when a toothpick come out clean when inserted in the center. Let cool for 10 minutes, then slice and serve. Serve with hot sauce, if desired.
Storing: This dish will keep for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, just reheat in the microwave to your preference.
Prep Time: 10 minutes; Cook Time: 15 minutes Serving Size: 213 g; Serves: 5; Calories: 257
- 8 eggs • 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese • 1 red bell pepper • 1/2 cup feta • 1/2 red onion • 1/4 cup milk • 1/4 teaspoon pepper • 1/4 teaspoon salt • 2 teaspoons olive oil • 4 handfuls spinach leaves • 5 tortillas • Spray oil
- Heat the olive oil Inside a large-sized nonstick pan on medium heat. Add the bell pepper and the onion; cook for about 4-5 minutes or till soft.
- While cooking, whisk the eggs with the milk, salt, and pepper. Add the egg mix into the pan; cook, frequently stirring, until the eggs are almost cooked through.
- Add the spinach and the feta; fold into the eggs, stirring, until the spinach is wilted and the eggs are cooked through. Remove the eggs from the heat.
- Grease another large-sized nonstick pan with cooking spray; heat on medium.
- Add the tortilla, then on 1/2 of the tortilla, spread about 1/2 of the egg mix and then top with about 1/3 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Fold the clear tortilla half over the topped part; cook for 2 minutes or till the bottom is golden brown. Flip the tortilla; cook for 1 minute or more or until the bottom is golden brown. Repeat the process with the remaining tortilla, filling, and cheese. Serve immediately.
Prep Time: 10 minutes; Cook Time: 20 minutes Serving Size: 266 g; Serves: 6; Calories: 435
- 1 bag baby spinach • 1 cup feta cheese • 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved • 2 cups quinoa, cooked • 12 eggs • 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, plain • 1/2 teaspoon salt • 1/2 teaspoon pepper • 1 teaspoon onion powder • 1 teaspoon olive oil • 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Inside a large-sized bowl, whisk the eggs with the yogurt, granulated garlic, onion powder, salt, and pepper; set aside.
- Heat the olive oil Inside a large-sized skillet. Add the spinach; cook for about 3 to 4 minutes or till slightly wilted.
- Add the cherry tomatoes; cook for about 3 to 4 minutes or till soft.
- Stir the egg mixture in the skillet; cook, stirring, for about 7 to 9 minutes or till set.
- When set, stir in the quinoa and the feta cheese; cook until heated through. Serve hot.
Notes: Make this dish ahead of time. Store in the fridge or portion out and freeze. When ready to serve, heat in the microwave or in the stove
Can me help you More