Prep Time: 15 minutes; Cook Time: 35-40 minutes, plus 5 minutes standing Serving Size: 193 g; Serves: 8; Calories: 246
- 4 cups oats, old-fashioned • 3 cups milk • 2 eggs • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract • 1 1/2 cups strawberries, chopped plus more for serving • 1 cup ripe banana, mashed • 1 teaspoon baking powder • 1 teaspoon cinnamon • 1/2 teaspoon salt • 1/4 cup sugar-free maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 13×9-inch baking dish.
- Inside a large-sized bowl, whisk the mashed banana with the milk, eggs, vanilla, maple syrup, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder. Stir the oats into the mix and then the strawberries until combined.
- Carefully pour the mix into the baking dish; bake for about 35 to 40 minutes or till the oatmeal is set and a toothpick comes out mostly clean than wet when inserted in the center.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes. Top with extra strawberries, if desired. Serve.
Notes: Make ahead of time and store in the fridge for up to 3 days. To reheat, just put a serving size into a microwavable bowl. Pour a little milk in and microwave until hot, breaking the oatmeal using a spoon as needed. Serve with desired topping.
Prep Time: 15 minutes; Cook Time: 0 minutes Serving Size: 51 g; Serves: 6; Calories: 171
- 1 cup walnuts • 1 lemon, zested • 1 tablespoon chia seeds • 1 tablespoon hemp seeds • 1 tablespoon lemon juice • 1/2 cup dried apricot • 1/4 cup goji berries • 4 dates, pits removed, softened in water for 10 mins
- Soak the dates in warm water for about 10 minutes or till softened a bit; drain the water.
- Put all the ingredients into a food processor; process until almost smooth, but not completely.
- Pour the mixture into a baking tray; freeze for about 10-15 minutes or till set.
4. Cut into bars and store in the fridge