1. Weightloss Baked Sweet Potatoes and Tofu-Asparagus Scramble
Prep Time: 15 minutes; Cook Time: 30 minutes; Serves: 8; Calories: 144
For the baked sweet potato:
• 1 1/2 pounds sweet potato, cut into 1/2 -inch cubes • 1 tablespoon olive oil • 1/2 teaspoon salt • 2 teaspoons chili powder
For the tofu scramble:
• 1 block extra firm tofu • 2 cups asparagus, chopped • 2 bell peppers, finely chopped • 1/4 teaspoon pepper • 1/2 teaspoon salt • 1/2 red onion, finely chopped • 1 teaspoon ground coriander • 1 teaspoon cumin
For topping and serving
• Avocado • Cherry tomatoes • Greek yogurt
1. Preheat the oven to 425F.
2. Toss the sweet potatoes with the olive oil, salt, and chili powder.
3. Put the ingredients into a baking sheet. If the sweet potatoes won’t fit in 1 baking sheet, use 2 pieces. Bake for 15 minutes; stir and bake for 15 to 20 minutes more or until the sweet potatoes are cooked through.
4. While the sweet potatoes are baking, mash the tofu using a potato masher until broken into small chunks.
5. Put the oil inside a large-sized nonstick pan and heat. When the oil is hot, add the bell peppers, onion, and asparagus; cook for about 5 minutes or more or until the veggies are soft.
6. Add the ground coriander, cumin, salt, pepper, and the tofu; cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or till the mixture is completely combined.
7. Divide the sweet potatoes and the tofu-asparagus scramble between 8 containers; store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
To serve: Take out needed servings. Put the content into a microwavable bowl; microwave for about 1 minute on MEDIUM or until heated through. Top with the suggested toppings.
2. Lentil and Zucchini Burritos weightloss
Prep Time: 30 minutes; Cook Time: 15 minutes Serving Size: 141 g; Serves: 6; Calories: 03
• 6 eggs • 1 cup lentils, canned, drained and rinsed (I used brown) • 1 cup zucchini, chopped • 1/2 cup onion, chopped into small pieces • 1/2 tablespoon olive oil • 1/2 teaspoon oregano • 1/2 teaspoon salt • 1/4 teaspoon pepper • 1 bell pepper, chopped into small pieces • 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded • 6 pieces tortillas
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Add the onion; cook for about 5 minutes or more or until translucent and soft.
2. Add the bell pepper and the zucchini; cook for about 5 minute or more or until cooked through and soft.
3. Meanwhile, beat the eggs with the oregano, salt, and pepper. Add the egg mix and the lentils into the pan; cook for about 3-4 minutes or till the eggs are cooked through.
4. Spread out about 1/2 cup of the filling into a tortilla and then sprinkle with about 1/3 cup of the cheddar cheese.
5. Roll the tortilla into a burrito; wrap with a plastic wrap until ready to serve. Repeat the process with the remaining filling, tortilla, and cheese