1. Weightloss Baked Sweet Potatoes and Tofu-Asparagus Scramble
Prep Time: 15 minutes; Cook Time: 30 minutes; Serves: 8; Calories: 144
For the baked sweet potato:
• 1 1/2 pounds sweet potato, cut into 1/2 -inch cubes • 1 tablespoon olive oil • 1/2 teaspoon salt • 2 teaspoons chili powder
For the tofu scramble:
• 1 block extra firm tofu • 2 cups asparagus, chopped • 2 bell peppers, finely chopped • 1/4 teaspoon pepper • 1/2 teaspoon salt • 1/2 red onion, finely chopped • 1 teaspoon ground coriander • 1 teaspoon cumin
For topping and serving
• Avocado • Cherry tomatoes • Greek yogurt
1. Preheat the oven to 425F.
2. Toss the sweet potatoes with the olive oil, salt, and chili powder.
3. Put the ingredients into a baking sheet. If the sweet potatoes won’t fit in 1 baking sheet, use 2 pieces. Bake for 15 minutes; stir and bake for 15 to 20 minutes more or until the sweet potatoes are cooked through.
4. While the sweet potatoes are baking, mash the tofu using a potato masher until broken into small chunks.
5. Put the oil inside a large-sized nonstick pan and heat. When the oil is hot, add the bell peppers, onion, and asparagus; cook for about 5 minutes or more or until the veggies are soft.
6. Add the ground coriander, cumin, salt, pepper, and the tofu; cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or till the mixture is completely combined.
7. Divide the sweet potatoes and the tofu-asparagus scramble between 8 containers; store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
To serve: Take out needed servings. Put the content into a microwavable bowl; microwave for about 1 minute on MEDIUM or until heated through. Top with the suggested toppings.
2. Lentil and Zucchini Burritos weightloss
Prep Time: 30 minutes; Cook Time: 15 minutes Serving Size: 141 g; Serves: 6; Calories: 03
• 6 eggs • 1 cup lentils, canned, drained and rinsed (I used brown) • 1 cup zucchini, chopped • 1/2 cup onion, chopped into small pieces • 1/2 tablespoon olive oil • 1/2 teaspoon oregano • 1/2 teaspoon salt • 1/4 teaspoon pepper • 1 bell pepper, chopped into small pieces • 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded • 6 pieces tortillas
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Add the onion; cook for about 5 minutes or more or until translucent and soft.
2. Add the bell pepper and the zucchini; cook for about 5 minute or more or until cooked through and soft.
3. Meanwhile, beat the eggs with the oregano, salt, and pepper. Add the egg mix and the lentils into the pan; cook for about 3-4 minutes or till the eggs are cooked through.
4. Spread out about 1/2 cup of the filling into a tortilla and then sprinkle with about 1/3 cup of the cheddar cheese.
5. Roll the tortilla into a burrito; wrap with a plastic wrap until ready to serve. Repeat the process with the remaining filling, tortilla, and cheese
holds a master’s of science degree in nutrition education from Columbia University and is clinically trained in all areas of nutrition. She has a private practice in northern New Jersey, where she works with children and adults on a wide range of issues, including diet and weight loss and gain, food allergies, digestive issues, eating disorders, cardiovascular health, diabetes management, and more. Her goal is to help people meet their individual health needs and wellness goals by taking a holistic approach to better health.